Sixth Form Uniform Policy
Sixth Form Uniform Policy
At the Skegness Academy, we advocate that high standards and a positive work ethic are central to a successful future. Our Academy uniform creates a sense of belonging to the local community, provides students with a sense of identity, instils pride in our Academy and sets the tone for students’ learning and outcomes.
Students are expected to wear the Academy uniform when travelling to and from the Academy, at all Academy functions and on educational visits unless otherwise informed.
All uniform can be purchased from our suppliers – Nationwide School Uniforms. Click here for their website:
The Skegness Academy Sixth Form uniform comprises:
- Sixth Form Skegness Academy tie, worn to the waistband
- Skegness Academy skirt with logo, worn to the knee (worn with black or neutral tights or socks)
- Sixth Form Skegness Academy grey jumper
- Plain white school shirt (long/short sleeve buttoned with collar, not polo shirt, the top button must always be fastened)
- Black trousers (these must not be jeans, cords, leggings or chinos)
- Hijab (black/navy)
- Black or white socks
- Footwear, for all students, should be plain black (no coloured flashes, coloured soles or logos) and sensible and suitable for school - flat soled or with no more than half an inch heel (no boots)
- Large bag/rucksack, suitable for school (no handbag) (must be able to fit an A4 sized folder)
PE kit comprises:
- Black Skegness Academy polo shirt
- Black Skegness Academy sweatshirt
- Black shorts (not skintight cycling shorts), jogging bottoms or plain black sports leggings (no logos or mesh)
- Appropriate sports trainers
Students who study L3 OCR Sport and L3 BTEC Performing arts will be given the option to purchase Academy sports and PA kit to wear in place of the uniform above.
- It is advisable that clothing is clearly marked with the student’s name in case of loss.
- It is advised that students bring and wear sports trainers to change into and play sport during social times.
- We allow students to wear one set of plain studs (no hoops/bars etc) in pierced ears. No other body piercing studs will be permitted. Students with other body piercings will need to wear clear plastic retainers in the piercings during school hours.
- In total, students are permitted to wear one ring and one bracelet/bangle. Jewellery is worn at the owner’s risk.
- No accessories to nails including acrylics, varnishes, gels, jewels etc will be allowed. Natural/clear polish is permitted.
- Hair should be clean and well kept - extreme or unnatural colours are not acceptable.
- Make-up should be subtle, if worn. Any student wearing excessive make-up will be asked to remove it.
- The Principal will have the final decision on the definition of extreme/unusual/unnatural hairstyles and make-up and all final decisions on what is acceptable.
Updated: 3 May 2023