Welcome to the Year 12 Open Evening which is being held on Tuesday 6 February 2024 between 4pm and 6.30pm
An Open Event is a great way for you to learn more about the Skegness Academy Sixth Form and discover whether it's the right place for you to continue your education. Take a tour of the Academy for a sense of what it's like to study here, see the facilities and check out the social and study spaces. As you'll be spending a lot of time here over the next few years, it's critical that you can imagine yourself in the environment.
Teachers will be present to talk to you and your parents about the details of the courses, entry requirements, what the assessments include and progression options.
Hear directly from our current students about what life is really like at the Skegness Academy Sixth Form. Our Presidents, Chair, Deputy Chair and Ambassadors will be ready to answer any questions and take you through a day in the life of a student.
You will be able to explore the site, check out the facilities and get a flavour of life at the Skegness Academy.
Courses Available in Sixth Form
There are three different types of course that are offered:
- A-level courses
- Vocational courses
- GCSE resit courses (English and Mathematics only)
Students who have not been successful at meeting the entry requirements for level 3 courses can enquire about repeating the level 2 pathway.
- BTEC National Extended Certificate Applied Law
- BTEC National Extended Certificate in Applied Science
- BTEC National Extended Certificate/Diploma Art and Design
- BTEC National Extended Certificate Children’s Play, Learning and Development
- Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate in Health and Social Care
- BTEC National Extended Certificate Information Technology
- BTEC National Extended Certificate/Diploma Performing Arts
- Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate/Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity
- BTEC National Extended Certificate Travel and Tourism
- A-Level English Literature and Language
- A-Level Geography
- A-Level History
- A-Level Mathematics
- A Level Sociology
Students in Year 12 will study three subjects. As part of the wider curriculum, students will have a variety of activities which is called the Super Curriculum. These are timetabled sessions and support the next stage in their educational journey, career development, cooking and RSE/PSHE.
The Skegness Academy also reserve the rights to withdraw a course if there are insufficient numbers of students wishing to take it up and/or due to availability of teaching staff.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch using the email address: