Free School Meals
We want to make sure that we are providing your child with the best education and support we can. Healthy school food has obvious health benefits and can help pupils establish healthy habits for life. Healthy school food can also help to improve pupils’ readiness to learn. Families who are currently paying for school meals will save around £450 a year for each child if they are entitled to free school meals.
Which pupils qualify for Free School? Meals?
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following:
• Universal Credit - your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not
including any benefits you get).
• Income Support.
• Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
• The guaranteed element of state Pension Credit.
• Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual
gross income of no more £16,190).
• Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for four week after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
How to register for Free School Meals
The process of applying for Free School Meals is quick, easy and confidential. You just need to apply online at: https://lcc.cloud.servelec-synergy.com/parentportal/
Please click here for the Free School Meal Guidance document
If you would like any support please contact Mrs Limb on firstname.lastname@example.org
Claiming free school meals also helps the school. We get extra funding, known as the ‘Pupil Premium’, for every eligible pupil who are registered to fund valuable support like
- Running catch-up sessions before or after school, for example for pupils who need extra help with maths or literacy.
- Running a school breakfast club to improve attendance.
- Providing extra tuition.
- Funding educational trips and visits.
- Investing in resources that boost pupils learning, such as laptops or tablets.
- Additional teaching staff
- After school activities
- Equipment and uniform
- Revision materials
- Musical instrument hire and tuition
- Individualised support
Please click here for more information about Pupil Premium